Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bitter fact: Even celebrities get dumped with text message

Ah, text message... How useful thou art in my mobile life, thou always come so handy when I need to quickly break up with someone. ;-p

It is cruel, cold and feel so bitter; but that's what happened to Boris Becker, the German tennis player who has won Wimbledon three times way back then and now become a full-time celebrity.

The 25-year-old ex-fiancee of Boris; Sandy Meyer-Woelden broke off her wedding with the 40-year-old tennis champ via a string of five text messages. Becker said: "I suddenly got an SMS from Sandy... saying that this was it, that this was over. To make sure how serious she was she sent me five others saying the same thing. I was completely surprised."

Those texts, Becker told reporters, "trampled on my soul." As reported by TennisTalk, via Switched.

I've seen the after effect of a break-up text message, a friend of mine suffered greatly for quite some time because her ex-boyfriend did that to her, for her the most hurting part was not the break-up but it was the bitter news through text message.

I'm grateful because I never experienced a break-up text message, and I hope you too. But the most important thing is: kids, don't you ever do this! It hurts very bad...

No comments: