Saturday, April 26, 2008

Faces in our mobile life

Ever since the first time I got to know Windows Mobile in my Treo, and especially after I unfolded the knowledge of Picture Speed Dial (which is located at Today Screen); I began my small quest and that is to acquire as much of face pictures from my friends, families, colleagues, business partners, etc. Basically, everyone that I’m putting their names into the contacts list must have at least a picture of themselves; even if it’s a company banner.

I’m intrigued on how will be good looking is the Today Screen look like, when all the contacts are represented by pictures of each contact’s face. Maybe you’re not using the built-in Picture Speed Dial in WinMob, instead you’re using Spb Mobile Shell or the cool new looking Face Contact. Nevertheless any of them you chose to use, you must have been on your own little crusade to fill them with face pictures just like what I did.

But not all of the people I encountered are willingly to let me take a clean shot of picture of their faces, and sometimes it’s us who are reluctant to ask. Because for instance, it’ll sounds too childish if you’re asking for it to business partners while you’re in a serious business meeting. Thus I got many funny experiences whenever I asked for a face picture, aside from those who’re shamefully posed in front of the Treo’s camera ;-p. I wish to share some of the funny stories & reactions, you can read them below.

As you know the saying goes something like this: “A picture can tell a thousand tale…”, so perhaps it best for me to attach pictures along to describe what I’m trying to explain. Enjoy, and don’t forget to take a look at the picture first before reading the story.

Here’s a fine example when there are some people who have expressed their objection right from the start, by giving you clues & hints that like they’re gracefully without exactly saying the words: “Please, don’t take my picture!”. (Although, it’ll be amazing if they actually bring a book or a poster with the exact same words like that ;-D)

That above action is usually done by well manner people, but it’s very often we’ll just get “the hand” when we tried to take picture even though it’s someone who we know very well. A simple gesture, yet rather rude in my personal opinion. Then again, perhaps it’s us who are harsh because we insisted to take his/her picture.

Some are even clever enough that our mobile phone’s camera is usually not as good as professional photographer’s, which has quick snap-time on moving objects. So they just randomly keep on moving, either their head are moving or using their moving hands to cover the face. And while you’re busy trying to take a picture & you lowered your guards, another person took the advantage then ‘click!” you’re captured.

Okay, you begged and plead to be allowed to take a picture so you can have nice sets of contact pictures of your business partners. But in one condition, they intentionally make doofous & ridiculous faces to mock you just when you hit the capture button. Well, maybe that’s better than none right?

This is probably the worst case scenario; you insisted to take the picture even though the person has also insisted that you should never take his/her picture. Perhaps it’s because they’re the most wanted fugitive in many states & countries, we’ll never know the real reason for sure. So be careful, you could get extreme reactions whenever you break into their sanctuary. But hey, what do you know? You managed to get his picture anyway, after all of those struggles & bleeding…

Yippiii..! You got his/her picture without going through any painful and embarrassing pleas to ask them, but then again you’re beginning to wonder whether the picture you’ve taken is good enough to be in your set of contact pictures…. Sometimes for some unknown cosmic reasons, you just felt like deleting the picture whenever you see it…

Alright, I got to admit it. I've exaggerated some of them, but who knows maybe you actually have experienced any of it? Overall, this whole thing got me to think; how can I possibly get to use the face picture contact feature from my mobile phone? I certainly like to use the most of everything my handset has to over, and I'm also very sure you're not going to waste the money you've already spent to purchase the application (mentioned at top) that has feature like this too.

All of the pictures, names & product logos
are in respective of their owners or the publishers. For further info on CNetX's Face Contact app, you can check my post here at PA. Or read on Niek Braam's (MyTodayScreen) blog for deeper review. Lastly, have a great & fun weekend y'all!

[blogged with my Treo 750v]

No comments: