Sunday, June 29, 2008

ArchPort's "wallet" shoes & sandals

Now this is really quite some idea, those bright guys from Archpot has made a compartment inside sandals or athletic shoes for stashing in your valuable belongings.

Like money, mobile phone, GPS device, MP3 players, batteries, etc. But of course, they all must in a very small sized otherwise won't fit into the compact compartment.

Company founder Matt Potts came up with the idea back in 1989 while playing tennis. "It's just not comfortable to carry stuff in your pockets, especially a wallet," Potts told GPS Daily. He filed for a patent issued in 2000 and has been improving on the design ever since.

"There are some challenges to partnering with a company that can meet all of the criteria necessary to incorporate a phone into the sole," Potts admitted. "However, some cell phones are now durable enough to handle the impact, and cell phones are getting smaller and more resilient, characteristics necessary to employ the concept in footwear."

Although I won't be bending my feet if I had one of these shoes, especially in sports where you need rapid feet movements such as basketball or football/soccer. Cuz I don't want to break my iPod into two, but hey; perhaps I can call the
iPod Doctor to repair it then? ;-p

Sources are from
ArchPort, via Crave.

[blogged with my Treo 750v]

No comments: