Saturday, June 21, 2008

A light in the dark

There was 9 hours blackout yesterday at my hometown, starting at 7:43 in the morning until 17:00 sharp in the afternoon. Which pretty much means all of the daylight business went off, and a big deal for small town.

It shocked us all, since we're not expecting it to happen. So basically, we're using spare batteries to operate the computers, server, and point of sale machines. And candle lights, when the batteries finally gave up.

It is sad, pathetic if I may say. Because in this modern age, we can't live without electricity; and the goverment just ignore such simple fact. Ah, I don't want to start talking about politics here. But the event caused me to work over time on our new point of sales machines, in the end I'm very tired and will do my best to keep my posts going.

During yesterday 9 hours blackout, there's one light that kept me on hoping: my faithful Treo. Thank goodness I've always recharge it every night before going to bed. And watching it emitting lights from its squarish screen and the keyboard, had blanket my heart in a fuzzy-warm feeling while in the dark.

No comments: