Sunday, September 28, 2008

Break, Clear, Enter and then Shift

The above title of this post is not some kind of a sequence code that you need to push in certain order, if you’re expecting a white rabbit to come out of a hat, or a winning ticket for PalmAddict’s throwaway, then you better stop. ‘Cause, that is just my expression of what I’ve been through, and what I’m doing right now.

You see, life sometimes can be so dull. When the works you’re doing, even though you love it and good at it, sometimes… things are getting too monotone. And it’s not just me, you, us; who fell that way. Our mobile devices also feel the same, and then they’ll act like any electronic machines would do when they’re being used excessively: freeze.

I’ve been working around the clock since the start of this month, this is the busiest month of the whole year in this little country of mine. Usually, before going to bed, I close all of the apps that are running on the background and free more memory for my Treo to run tomorrow. But as I’m always tired from the works, and I’m getting busier every day, I’ve stopped doing that since a couple of week ago. The result was easy for you to guess; my Treo suddenly frozen at the Today Screen display. The screen couldn’t be shut down, and either the keyboard or the screen were not responding at all.

So what was my next move? It’s like the title above there, that’s what I did. Let me break ‘em down in each pieces:

Break. No, no, I didn’t break my Treo in half *chuckles* I’m not that mad…, yet. But instead, I took a break from my works, because my Treo frozen on the middle of the day as I was trying to access the contact list to call someone. And then I took a real break from my works and my mobile addiction, by letting Treo screen on until the battery ran out of juice. This continue till I recharged fully the Treo’s battery, I suppose you can say I also let my Treo took a break like me. ;-p

Clear. I never expected this, but it’s a nice break from my Treo for awhile. And awkward at the same time, my hands kept reaching into my pocket for my Treo like usual, but it’s not there. It’s a bad habit I know, but ever since I got my Treo, I’ve been used to look at it for no good reason. I tried to clear my mind out of my Treo, even for half of that day, but to no avail. So it’s crystal clear for me, I got to bring my Treo back to life again before I gone mad.

Enter. After the LED sign on the cradle turned to green, indicating it finished recharge the battery, I reinserted it back to Treo. And then within few minutes, my Treo has entered once again into my life. It works fine like new, every apps work like they should. It feels like the Enter button of our computer, when you push it, the computer will do what you tell it to do. Smooth, that’s the Zen of Palm I know.

Shift. It’s good to be reminded, I just never thought it was my Treo who did that, that it’s time for me to shift gears and change the pace of tedious road I was about to keep on taking. As the time is drawing near to the end of this month, that will means for me everything will slow down afterwards, and comes back to normal again. I just can’t wait to rest and have the old good life again.

And so I hope that for all of you, dear readers, fellow Associate Writers & Editors, to have a great weekend and a good life tomorrow. ;-D

Oh, and one more thing that I almost forgot: welcome to the new Associate Writers. It’s so good to see new members in PalmAddict, I’ll say this is a great community to be in with and it’s like a big family for me personally. And I can’t wait to learn so much from you guys, keep up the spirit!

[blogged with my Treo 750v]

No comments: