Monday, October 20, 2008

Treo 650 sighting in the "Street Kings" movie

At first, I was so anxious to watch the "Street Kings" movie. Because the casts are consist of famous actors such as Keanu Reeves, Forest Whitaker, Hugh Laurie, Chris Evans, and not to be forgotten is the sexy Martha Higareda as the nurse Garcia. Hmm... Hmmm... Sweet! ;-)

Apparently, I placed my hopes too high. Because I'm only thrilled to follow the story of the movie up until at least 30 minutes since it started, I can already guessed the end of the story and who's the real culprit is.

Personally, I think Keanu Reeves is too good looking to play the role as a street detective. His face is somewhat between sweet and baby face, and not burly enough to be a tough white guy who took a shot and still live the rest of the day. Annette Cardwell from filmcritic.com wrote a comment about this movie: "Whoever heard of a 'blaxploitation' movie with a white hero? Now you have: Street Kings." Blaxploitation seems right enough to say about Keanu's character in the movie...

But, I give Keanu a credit and lift my hat for made his acting a notable one compared to other actors out there who are only good at showing off their faces.

And I noticed that Captain Jack Wander, played by Forest Whitaker, is using a Treo 650 at the end of the movie. It's a quick usage and I almost missed it. But the antena, and the white stripe on the side of its bulky body give away the clue. ;-)

No comments: