We've got one sweet teaser just few days before Christmas, and it's the new hot rumor of T-Mobile G2 Android phone.
I thought the G2 phone is just another prank to crank up Android hotness in this year's chilly holidays, since there haven't much of talk about Google's open source mobile platform.
But BGR got a tip on the information of G2, and possibly the first picture of the device. Don't take this as an actual news, but instead as usual take it as a handful of salt (read: rumor). Here are what BGR's tipster has said:
- The product specs on the T-Mobile G2 that CellPhoneSignal ran weren’t actually all that far off, just the date was completely wrong.
- The device is a full touch device and there is no physical QWERTY keyboard.
- There is still a trackball at the bottom.
- The launch was delayed from late February to April due to software issues.
- We’ve been informed this device will actually launch on another global carrier besides T-Mobile as well, though they didn’t say who, and they said that the G1, G2, G3, etc., names are trademarks of T-Mobile and the other carrier would have a different product name for the device other than G2.
- There is supposedly (oh, god) a G3 coming not that far after the G2 but our tipster didn’t see the G3.