Sunday, April 20, 2008

Quiet Treo



A sad news came from my relatives who live in the U.S., they've just lost one of their son because of brain cancer. So yesterday I attended a little Catholic ceremony at my uncle's house, here in Indonesia (not there ;-p); it's to show our sympathy & to commemorate our lost cousin. Just a small family gathering, with a father from local Catholic church here.

When the ceremony was about to begin, a family member remembered us to turn off any mobile phones until it finish. Many of the family members immediately pulled off their mobile phones from their holsters, pockets & purses. Me, well I just reached out the top of the Treo with my finger, and turned the switch to silence mode. I didn't even have to take it out from my jean's pocket; yup I don’t have a holster for my Treo yet.

One of Treo's uniqueness is its silence switch button positioned on the top. No other, not even those Nokia handsets that most of my families usually use, have that kind of shortcut cut button. Unlike many other mobile phones, which you need to unlock the buttons first and then stroll over the software shortcuts to choose a silence profile (that's what I've done before I own a Treo). There's still even a possibility to chose the wrong profile, then aside from the embarrassment because people will scrutinize you with their stare; you must do those long steps again. Treo's silence switch is easy to use, just like what Palm smartphones are designed for. Don't you think so?

[blogged with my Treo 750v]

No comments: