Monday, May 26, 2008

Healthy as a horse again

As always, my Treo woke me up with the built-in WinMob’s alarm this morning. And as usual, I grabbed it while my eyes were still half closed to turn off the alarm. But when I turned on the screen, all of a sudden it stopped responding.

My eyes were suddenly wide open in disbelief, the freezing situation of my Treo awaken me completely. The first idea came into my mind was perhaps this is caused by yesterday moblogging, where I mercilessly beaten Treo’s keyboard to wrote a pretty long blog and a few more as well. Hey, what can I say? When the inspiration to write is coming, I have to immediately jot it down before I lost it, right? Besides, isn’t that what Treo supposedly made for? To be there whenever I need it to be ;-)

My thumb was jumping up and down on Treo’s talk, Windows, ok and close buttons as I was panic to think of the next step I should take. Even if I was trying to
switch and close the applications with HandySwitcher was no good at all, since the screen was completely frozen at Today Screen with the Alarm still ringing.

Then it’s time for the last resort that I hate to do: soft-reset. So I opened up the memory expansion slot at the side of Treo, and pushed it with the stylus-pen. I waited impatiently to know the result, but after just few minutes of waiting; looks like my Treo is up and running again like a healthy horse.

Thank goodness, Palm has prepared a soft-reset button ready. I really hope the Treo 850w is going to have more stability than its previous siblings, but for anticipating the worst things like above experience; I wish Palm will still include that soft-reset button on Treo 850w.

[blogged with my Treo 750v]

No comments: