I'm getting confused by Nokia here, Davis Fields from Nokia Messaging team has announced that Nokia Messaging is graduating from Beta Labs. But the banner (pictured on the left) says it is Mobile Email, not Nokia Messaging.
Anyhow, the now official Nokia Email service which was first released as beta in August 2008 is available on a country by country basis starting with Australia, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom and Venezuela. You are free to continue using the service until it’s commercially available in your location. Here are the highlights of this release:
- Support for Yahoo! Mail
- Support for more Nokia S60 phones
- Support for up to ten email addresses
- Support for subfolders for IMAP email accounts
- Support for Google Apps hosted email and other vanity domain email addresses
- Flagged messages will automatically become starred messages in Gmail
- More intuitive inbox navigation via a discoverable control bar
- Faster opening of inbox
- Sent email will be synced to your webmail’s sent folder for all email addresses
Just go to http://email.nokia.com/ to download the latest version if you're in one of the above mentioned countries, and remember you'll need to pay for the service. Source are Nokia Beta Labs blog, via Engadget Mobile.