Friday, December 19, 2008

TouchResponse gives instant tactile feedback for Windows Mobile

It's a strange world we're living in, well I shouldn't say strange but good instead, because when I was wondering how does it feel to use a touchscreen with built-in haptic feedback feature like in HTC Touch HD or BlackBerry Storm, I thought I'll never gonna know how it feels since I'm sticking with my aging Treo.

But here comes a free app called TouchResponse, which is basically a touch driver to handle the touchscreen presses and vibration. If TouchResponse is installed within your Windows Mobile devices, it will vibrate on touch giving you a sense of tactile feedback. Just like that haptic feedback in those savvy phones, you too can have it in your old WinMob phones now.

I've tested it out with my Treo 750v, and I must say it works nicely. The app has advanced settings to change the response time to vibrate the phone, and TouchResponse automatically runs whenever my Treo restarted, there's no need to launch the app separately.

TouchResponse is still in its infant stage, but the software developer plans to add more feature in the future like vibration tweaks and sound on touch. Nevertheless, TouchResponse gives a new life to my Treo, enabling me to follow the new tech trend in mobile world without sacrificing money to buy new phones just to experience it. ;-)

Source is from FreewarePocketPC, via Ubergizmo.

No comments: