Thursday, May 22, 2008

Days of widgets

It's been a long week for me, everything seems like moving in snail paces. Especially because I often trapped in Jakarta's awful traffic jam, so I felt like I'm getting old in the car on the street instead at home in front of a computer... ;-p

I couldn't get my works done even after few days here, worst of all is I can't get enough access to the net because I don't have a laptop anymore. So I would have to wait till I got back to my cousin's home and borrow his computer, and I still have to wait until my cousin's children stop using it.

That's why I think I owe an apology to all of you who have been waiting for news update, and of course to you who have been waiting for my email replies. I couldn't get to review all of those web widgets, web sites & applications that y'all have sent to me. But I do my best to try them all one by one, even if it takes my resting times.

So far I've installed four new web widgets into my weblog here, I'm going to introduce them to you before I write some reviews about them in the future. The reason is very simple: I need to try these widgets first myself, and I need you my dear readers (and you who listen to my weblog's podcast too) to try them while you visited my weblog. Here they are:

Google Translate
You've probably already read about Google Translate news here at my weblog, and as you can see it at the right side of my weblog. To use it, just pull down the options window and click on the language you wish translate it to.

Odiogo
Now this one isn't exactly new, but for you who have missed it then don't forget to check it out at every posts I've made. The Odiogo widget is placed right under the post's title, so you can instantly listen the post right from your web browser. Or you may even subscribe to my weblog's podcast by clicking on the Odiogo widget button on the right side.

VocalFruits
I've been informed by nikko about his new web service called VocalFruits (vFruits in short), which basically transform my weblog into podcast. But you'll need to sign-up to vFruits first, before you can enjoy my blogs in various podcast languages. Check out vFruits web site to find out, and to see whether you can start enjoying my blogs in your native tongue.

firefly
Now I get a very nice support from Billy Chasen for this free web service, called firefly. So I'm very much wanted to know how firefly will work in my weblog, where according to infos I read from their demo; firefly will allow visitors of my weblog to interact with each other. You don't need to install anything at all, all you've got to do is click on the firefly chat button on the right side. I'm pretty sure you won't have even a hard time to use this new firefly chat widget ;-) You can discuss my blogs or anything you want here, just don't use any foul languages or words while you're here, okay?

Okay, I've re-arranged my weblog view and the next thing is I need your help. Please give me inputs on each of above widgets; do you like to use them, or found any bugs while using them, or perhaps you have new features you would like to see in each of those widgets? Don't be shy to leave comments at this post or email me, I'll definetely will look and read every of your thoughts later. And if your comments are good, I will pass them to each of their developers and credited you along.

Thank you and have a nice day y'all!

[blogged with my Treo 750v]

No comments: