- AroundMe. Instantly find nearby banks, gas stations, coffee shops, and other businesses and services.
- Dashbuster. Manage your Blockbuster or Netflix queue anytime, anywhere. Great for those times when a friend recommends a movie and you think, "Yeah, I gotta rent that."
- Movies. This Flixster-powered app finds cineplexes near you, then serves up show times, trailers, and even upcoming theater and DVD releases.
- Google Earth. Like the desktop version? The iPhone app is even cooler because it can pinpoint your current location and "tilt" your view as your tilt your phone.
- Joost. Though buggy and crash-prone in its first release, Joost brings a boatload of free streaming TV shows and movies to your iPhone. Just one catch: it requires a Wi-Fi connection.
- Melodis Voice Dialer. No voice dialing on the iPhone? No problem. Just press and hold a button to voice-search for contacts, or say "call" and then a name to auto-dial. Best freebie dialer I've seen (or spoken to) yet.
- TapDefense. It's an iPhone version of the mega-popular Tower Defense game. Need I say more? (Productivity be damned!)
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Seven awesome iPhone freebies
Not all of the good apps for iPhone/iPod Touch are all paid versions, some of them are even free for you to download. But instead of scouring the free offered apps in iTunes or App Store, why don't you take a look of this 7 iPhone freebies list hand picked by the Cheapskate master himself; Rick Broida. ;-p